- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 pounds boneless chicken thigh meat,
- cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups uncooked short-grain white
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 lemons, zested
- 1/2 bunch Italian flat leaf parsley,
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1. In a medium bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons olive oil, paprika, oregano,
and salt and pepper. Stir in chicken pieces to coat. Cover, and refrigerate.
Marinate for at least 30 minutes
2. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet or paella pan over high
heat. Pan-sear the marinated chicken on each side until golden brown.
Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Reduce heat to medium and sauté chorizo on the same pan. Remove
from heat and set aside.
4. Using the same pan, stir in red pepper flakes. Sauté until aroma blooms.
About 2 minutes.
5. Add the onions, bell pepper and garlic. Sauté until onions are translucent.
6. Add rice. Cook, stirring, to coat rice with oil, about 3 minutes. Stir in
saffron threads, bay leaf and parsley. Fold in the chicken and chorizo.
7. Add the chicken stock and stir until well incorporated. Bring to a boil,
cover, and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer 20 minutes.
8. Once cooked, season to taste.
9. Fold in the green peas, lemon zest and chopped parley