Take a look at how to make risotto from home!
- 32 ounces unsalted chicken stock, warmed (you can also substitute vegetable broth or stock)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup freshly grated
- or Pecorino-Romano cheese
- Heat up stock in a microwave or a kettle. Transfer to a bowl and keep warm.
- Melt the butter and heat the oil in a large skillet or wide-bottomed pot.
- Add the rice; stir to coat all the grains, 1 minute. Add 1 ladle of broth (1⁄2 cup to 3⁄4 cup), stir, and leave it alone until broth is nearly absorbed 2 to 3 minutes. (Run a wooden spoon through it; rice should slowly fill in the channel.)
- Stir, add another ladle of broth and stir again. Cook undisturbed until the broth is absorbed, 3 minutes. Repeat until about 1 ladle of broth remains,15 to 18 minutes of total cook time for the rice. Turn off heat.
- Add salt, remaining broth, and cheese. Stir gently for 2 minutes. Serve immediately in warmed bowls, with more grated cheese over top, if desired.
Use this recipe as a base to add other ingredients you like. Some great add-ons are cooled leftover chicken, sautéed mushrooms, chopped bacon, sausage, green peas, and roasted vegetables, and so on. Feel free to add herb and spices that suits your flavor profile. Be bold. Feel free to be creative!